The Community Day Center of Waltham, the only drop-in day shelter for the homeless in Boston’s Metrowest, is hosting a FREE Lunch-time Lecture,
Opening the Door to New Problems: When the Homeless Finally Get Housed, featuring:
- Dr. Jim O’Connell, Founder, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program & Author, Stories from the Shadows, Reflections of a Street Doctor
- Joanne Guarino, formerly homeless, member of the Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program board of directors
Contrary to popular belief, housing the homeless is not the simple solution to ending homelessness. In fact, once a chronically homeless individual is housed, a whole new set of problems arise.
This lecture reflects the body of work being done by the Community Day Center of Waltham to help better understand the needs of the homeless.
- WHERE: Waltham Public Library, 735 Main Street, Waltham
- WHEN: Wednesday, April 11, Noon-1:00 pm
- DETAILS: Bring Your Own Lunch; Beverages and Cookies Served
- MORE INFORMATION: Call 781-392-6311