Members of Temple Beth Israel worship, celebrate, and learn together, but we also do more: we support one another in times of illness, injury, loss, isolation, and other life-challenging situations. Whether the occasion is one of joy or sorrow, the Chesed Committee can help make sure that no member of the congregation feels alone.
If you have a chesed need or are interested in joining the Chesed Committee, please contact Andrea, the Chesed Chair at Andrea@tbiwaltham.org.
With direction from Rabbi David Finkelstein, the Chesed Chair will facilitate outreach activities by our membership to help or comfort those in need. These mitzvot can include:
- Providing meals or soup for comfort
- Doing errands or shopping
- Making a friendly or shiva visit
- Sending/delivering a plant or flowers
- Writing notes of condolence, congratulations, or encouragement
- Proviing rides to religious services