Temple Beth Israel is a vibrant, diverse, traditional and close-knit congregation. We are an independent synagogue that seeks to provide spiritual, social and physical access to and inclusion in meaningful Jewish life and tradition. We enjoy a full calendar of religious, social, educational and social justice dialogue and activities for the many ways our congregants and friends connect to Judaism, to their community, and to the world at large. With a 100+ year history in Waltham, on any given day we find members who were born into Temple Beth Israel warmly embracing newcomers.
- Check out our August 2021 Newsletter here. We gather in person and online. Direct links for online attendance at all events are posted in our weekly emails, and links to repeating events appear below. To receive our weekly email, click here to contact the office.
Weekly Service Zoom Links
- Friday Night Shabbat online only, 5:30 pm (6:00 fourth Friday of the month): Click Here
- Saturday Morning Shabbat, 9:30 am online and in person: Click Here
- Thursday Morning Minyan, online only, 8:00 am: Click Here
Meet with Rabbi David
- Office Hours, Tuesdays 12:30-1:30 pm Click Here (None the first week of August)
- Monthly Talmud Study, 3rd Wednesday, 7:00-8:30 pm Click here August 18
- Monthly Torah Study, 2nd Thursday, Noon-1:30 pm Click here August 12
2021-2022 High Holy Day Attendance
We want to make sure we have a chair for you! Please let us know in a brief survey whether you plan to attend services in person. Please complete and submit the form before August 27th. If you are unsure, that’s okay–just let us know all the services that you believe you may attend live. We’re also collecting your contact information so we can get in touch with you if necessary. Here is the link to the survey: https://bit.ly/2021HighHolyDaySurvey, or call the Temple office. Thank you.
“My house shall be a house of prayer for all people.” (Isaiah 56:7)